Monday, December 08, 2008

Julie (to Kate because she asked for a song)

You wait your whole life
to find someone to share it with
You'll soon realize
how hard it is to give

Baby says she's hating me
Doesn't understand how I can be
so ornery, crass and ugly

Maybe she's right
But I don't want to fight
Where it's going remains to be seen...
She's taking calls from Julie

You hide your eyes from all of it
And you stick out you chin
just knowing it's gonna get hit

Baby says she's so into me
Doesn't understand how I can be
so witty, smart and so sexy

But something's not right
the perfume's not mine
"We" as two remains to be seen...
She's hanging out with Julie

You wait your whole life to find yourself a wife
Now you realize a husband could be as nice

Baby says that she's leaving me
Says she just no longer "gets me"
But hopes we can still be friendly

That's alright
I won't put up a fight
besides my future is starting to look keen
I met the ex of Julie.

No comments: